Im a fifteen year old person who loves grunge/alternative rock, video games, and playing music. I post lots of Human rights stuff and funny fandom stuff.
TW TRANSMISOGYNY TERMINOLOGY
I have seen It’s Always Sunny and admittedly like the show aside from those episodes. :I I think having a cis woman play a trans woman character is wrong on a few levels, but at least acknowledging that we’re women was good to start with until the camera pans down and she has a very obvious dildo shoved down her pants, which is disrespectful in a lot of ways
- Being that trans women tuck and don’t strut around like that
- They treated her in this episode as the typical “Surprise Trans character” which is a common trope to write trans characters as, basically making them look as pretty as possible, and then revealing to the audience that what they thought was an attractive woman to "actually be a man" which is what a lot of people who are not trans think trans people: tricksters, liers, and our soul purpose for living is deceiving cishet’s fragile sexual orientation
- They constantly refer to Carmen as a tr**ny, and she doesn’t seem to care, or at the very least is so fed up with Mac’s ignorance that she just gave up
- The writers constantly refer to her and anyone who has/having sex with her as gay, which further’s the stereotype that cishet’s liking trans women makes them gay, which in turn makes them less approving of us
- Mac’s reaction, in the episode about him fighting gay marriage is sort of accurate to a lot of cishets reaction to trans people, so I appreciate they did that, and it’s also a good episode for showing diversity in dating, both in skin color and in body size.
- How Frank and Charlie equate being “gay married” to Carmen and her husband marriage is gross in my opinion, and then they go on to ask her personal questions regarding her genetalia which is problematic because it basically reinforces the notion to cishets that, because we’re trans, it’s okay to ask about our genitals without remorse.
(I watched the episode yesterday as a matter of fact)
The problem is with shows like that is that the main characters were written to be total dumbasses, so it’s hard to discern what is and is not satire
it’s jelly bean season and this is just a reminder to please PLEASE buy brands other than jelly belly; chairman herman rowland sr. of jelly belly donates to anti-trans* campaigns aimed at repealing transgender protections.
"I’m not buying Oreos cause they support them damn faggots"
Jelly Bellys are delicious and wonderful, so lets not ruin them with politics.
The 5000$ Real Doll sex mannequin has the option to make your girl transgender. I’m not sure how I feel about that. We’re not excluded, and it’s not the only option. Is that still a fetish? Or equality? Either way, I’m uncomfortable.
The fact that such a thing exists is the most disturbing thing.
Today I called out a feminist, told her to go kill herself and pushed her and none of us has heard from her in days
I’m lost, is this satire or are you just a violent douchebag?